Nordicvisitor.com is the online booking site and trading name of Nordic Visitor ehf. Our registered headquarters are at Bíldshöfði 20, 110 Reykjavík, Iceland.
These booking conditions govern all bookings made with Nordicvisitor.com, whether processed by our office in Iceland, Sweden or Scotland. Any booking made or order placed by a Customer, whether through the company’s website or otherwise, shall be deemed as an offer by the Customer to purchase the relevant package or other travel arrangement subject to these booking conditions.
No contract between the Customer and Nordic Visitor shall come into existence until Nordic Visitor receives full payment and issues a confirmation invoice. The Customer making the booking accepts these conditions on behalf of all members of their travel party and is responsible for payment due from the party in entirety.
Booking services with Nordic Visitor are currently only available to persons who are at least 18 years old. Individuals under the age of 18 must be accompanied by at least one adult.
By submitting a booking, you warrant and confirm to us that you comply with these arrangements.
If you have been working with one of our travel consultants on a custom tour, you can book it here.
At Nordic Visitor, we do our utmost to respond to requests and inquiries within two business days. See our office hours and contact information here.
Terms of Payment
Accepted payment methods: Nordic Visitor accepts major credit cards and (for bookings made at least 2 weeks in advance of travel) electronic bank transfer.
If your package is being purchased with a third-party credit card, we will require written authorisation from the cardholder via fax or post.
We accept payment by Visa, Mastercard, or American Express cards. Note, however, that payment with American Express cards will incur a 3% handling fee due to the high fees charged by these credit card providers.
If you wish to make an electronic bank transfer, please select “Bank Transfer” as your payment method in the booking process and Nordic Visitor will contact you with payment instructions once your booking request has been processed. Please note that bank transfers are not possible for bookings made 14 days or less prior to the date of travel.
Payment at the time of booking: Nordic Visitor charges a deposit payment or the full amount at the time of booking, depending on when a booking is made and what type of package is booked:
- Packages booked more than 30 days before arrival: Nordic Visitor charges a non-refundable deposit of 20% of the total price at the time of booking. If your are forced for some reason to cancel or delay your trip, your deposit will be protected by our Forever Yours deposit policy (see further information below).
- Packages including travel by cruise, train or flight or accommodation at ice/snow/igloo hotels (booked over 30 days before arrival): Nordic Visitor charges a non-refundable deposit of 50% of the total price at the time of booking.
- Packages booked 30 days or less before arrival: Nordic Visitor charges the full payment at the time of booking for bookings made within 30 days of the start of travel. Please note that for bookings made with less than 30 days before the start of travel, the availability of all services will need to be confirmed between Nordic Visitor and suppliers before the full package can be confirmed. In the rare event that a specific service is not available, an alternative will be offered or a full refund will be issued. You will be notified of any required changes to the itinerary prior to the issuing of a confirmation invoice.
- Packages on special offer: For certain promotions, such as the “Early Bird”, you may be required to pay in full at the time of booking to redeem the discount (terms vary by offer). Standard payment terms apply to all special offers unless otherwise noted.
- Custom bookings: For packages that have been customized by a travel consultant, you can pay a deposit (20% or 50% of the total price, depending on services included) or the full payment (100%) at the time of booking. However, if the custom booking takes place 30 days or less before arrival, full payment is the only option.
Remaining payments after deposit: The full payment (less deposit) for packages—both for groups and individuals—will be charged by Nordic Visitor at least four weeks prior to arrival, or upon confirmation of booking, if the initial booking is made within four weeks of the start of travel. Some packages do require full payments earlier, but in those cases the information is stated in the package details online.
Note: Some of our holiday packages do have stricter payment rules, and in those cases the specific information will be stated in the package details online.
Payment processing: All payment receipts are issued by email. We automatically charge the same card used for the deposit payment during the booking process. If you wish to use another card for the remainder of your balance please notify your travel consultant in writing as soon as possible after booking.
Delayed payments: Nordic Visitor reserves the right to treat cases of delayed payment as a cancellation of the booking and withdraw its confirmation of the services.
Forever Yours Deposit
Our Forever Yours Deposit is designed to protect you from unexpected events that may force you to cancel or delay your trip. Our standard cancellation terms still apply, but this policy ensures that the 20% deposit you paid for your booking can be used for the same tour package with a different arrival date, transferred to a new tour package or passed on to a friend or family member.
Note: Our Forever Yours Deposit policy applies to all tour packages except those that include travel by cruise, train or flight or accommodation at ice/snow hotels as well as tour packages with stricter payment and cancellation rules specified in the package details.
Validity of Prices
All rates quoted or shown in our tariffs are based on current prices and are subject to change on our website without notice. After the final invoice has been issued, the price of a booking is guaranteed against surcharges unless due to currency fluctuation, government taxes or any other cost increase beyond Nordic Visitor’s control.
In the rare event that any published prices must be increased due to aforementioned reasons, Nordic Visitor will notify you at least eight weeks in advance if your booking price is affected. In such case, Nordic Visitor will absorb an amount equivalent to 5% of the remaining package price, less deposit amount paid. Amounts exceeding 5% will be charged, but if the surcharge exceeds 10% you will be entitled to cancel your booking with a full refund.
Please also note that if an incorrect price has been posted on our website in error, we reserve the right to cancel, amend or limit the order placed at the incorrect price.
For all cancellations, Nordic Visitor will make every effort to ensure you the best protection. However, late cancellation can result in compensation claims from hotels and other service providers. All cancellations must be sent to Nordic Visitor in writing, by fax, post or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Cancellation charges: Nordic Visitor charges cancellation fees at a percentage of the total tour package price, as follows:
- More than two weeks before scheduled tour arrival date: 20%*
- Less than two weeks before scheduled tour arrival date: 50%*
- Less than 72 hours before scheduled tour arrival date: 100%*
* Note that the cancellation fees for certain travel packages and services may be different, in which case the cancellation terms and fees are outlined on the package page.
Notification of cancellations: If you need to cancel you should notify your travel consultant as soon as possible.
If you need to cancel with short notice (72 hours or less before arrival), please let us know in an email to email@example.com and then call our main customer service number or, if after business hours, our emergency hotline (the number is provided in our voicemail message).
Cancellation charges for group bookings (10 persons or more in same travelling party): Please note that cancellation by one or more passengers within a group may either result in a price increase for the rest of the group or a cancellation fee being charged to only the passengers who have cancelled.
For group bookings, Nordic Visitor charges cancellation fees at a percentage of the total tour package price, as follows:
For cancellation of the entire group booking:
- More than eight weeks before scheduled tour arrival date: non-refundable deposit of 20% of the estimated total price
- Eight to four weeks before scheduled tour arrival date: 50%
- Four to one weeks before scheduled tour arrival date: 75%
- Less than one week prior to arrival: 100%
For cancellation of individual members within a group booking:
- More than four weeks before scheduled tour arrival date: none
- Four to one weeks before scheduled tour arrival date: 20%
- Less than one week but more than 72 hours before scheduled tour arrival date: 50%
- 72 to 24 hours before scheduled tour arrival date: 75%
- Less than 24 hours before scheduled tour arrival date: 100%
Non-refundable services: Please note that cancellation rules are stricter than normal for the following services: international and domestic flights, day tours that include flights, accommodation at ice/snow/igloo hotels, train tickets and cruises. Therefore, Nordic Visitor cannot refund any of these services booked through us.
In the event some of our tour packages have stricter cancellation rules, the information will be stated in the package details online.
Changes to Bookings
All requests for changes to a booking must be made in writing from the person who submitted the original booking request. An administration fee of 2500 ISK will be charged to the credit card used for the original booking for each day/night of the itinerary that is modified, in addition to any additional supplier costs incurred by the change(s) requested.
However, the administration fee will be waived if changes are requested within 30 days of the date of booking. Furthermore, for bookings made within 60 days of arrival, changes can be made without incurring an administration fee until the confirmation/travel documents have been issued. Additional supplier costs may still apply depending on the change(s) requested.
Transfers: A booking may be transferred from one party to another, provided that the new party upholds the conditions of the booking. An administration fee of 2500 ISK will be charged for the transfer, and both parties must assume joint liability for this fee and any other costs that may be incurred by changes to the booking.
Special Offers - Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all Special Offers on www.nordicvisitor.com in conjunction with our standard booking terms for all Nordic Visitor holiday packages:
- Special offer pricing applies to new bookings only
- Not valid in combination with any other discounts or promotions
- Valid only for standard packages as listed on the website -- not for customizations such as hotel upgrades or additional nights, supplemental activities or extra days with a rental car
- The posted discount will be deducted from the total price at time of booking
- Bookings of packages on special offer are not commissionable for third-party travel agents.
Early Bird Offers - Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all Early Bird Offers on www.nordicvisitor.com in addition to our standard booking terms for all Nordic Visitor tour packages:
- Discount applies to new bookings only of self-drive tour packages (i.e. with rental car)
- Offer not valid for vacation packages already on special offer or in combination with other discounts.
- Offer valid only for standard packages as listed on the website, not for customizations such as hotel upgrades or additional nights, supplemental activities or extra days with the rental car.
- Discount will be displayed and calculated in the total price during the booking process.
- Bookings of packages with the Early Bird Offer discount are not commissionable for third-party travel agents.
Invoice & Voucher Delivery
All travel documents are sent to the Customers electronically as PDF documents attached in an email. If you arrive to Reykjavik, Iceland; Stockholm, Sweden; or Edinburgh, Scotland you can also collect hard copies of the travel documents on arrival, either from the driver of the airport transfer (Iceland only) or at the hotel, upon request.
You may also request to have the documents mailed to you by first class post. There is a small additional fee for this service. In accordance with mail order regulations, documents must be sent to the billing address of the credit card holder, not to the address(es) of the passenger(s), unless they are one and the same. Please note that Nordic Visitor cannot accept responsibility for documents mislaid or lost by postal services. We therefore recommend that all documents be sent to you by Registered Post or Courier Service to your home address, though there is an extra cost for this.
Information for Travel Agencies
Most of our tour packages are commissionable for travel agents. Please note, however, that we do not offer commissions for tour packages on special offer (including Early Bird), on day tour-only bookings or on optional activities that are added to tour packages.
Nordic Visitor claims no responsibility for any loss, damage, accident, injury, sickness or schedule change due to weather, strike, natural disaster or any other cause beyond Nordic Visitor’s control. Nordic Visitor acts in good faith, and cannot be held responsible for any agent, hotel, coach operator, airline, guide, restaurant or any other person’s or company’s acts, defaults or delays.
Nordic Visitor reserves the right to alter routes, itineraries or departure times, without prior notice, should the necessity arise. In the case of any changes to flights (domestic and international) or to scheduled travel by cruise, ferry, bus or train, the passenger is responsible for additional costs incurred as a result of such changes (e.g., additional nights at a hotel, meals, transfers, etc.). We therefore advise all customers to have comprehensive travel insurance to meet all contingencies.
Our goal is to provide excellent customer service, and in order to do so we maintain strict quality monitoring. If, for any reason, you are unhappy with your tour package, we want to hear about it right away. We recommend calling our office as soon as any incident arises during your holiday. (You will also have access to an emergency helpline while travelling on your Nordic Visitor tour.) If you are unable to do so at the time, you must notify Nordic Visitor in writing (click here for email) within 30 days of your return or else you may jeopardise your right to compensation.
All information on Nordic Visitor’s website is subject to change. Nordic Visitor reserves the right to alter/change/correct mistakes that may possibly appear in the website or published price lists.