Page last updated: 4 January 2023
Here you can find all the latest travel updates for Nordic Visitor destinations. We will update this page whenever any news comes to light, whether that’s a volcano eruption or limited availability.
It’s our goal to always keep travellers and future guests well informed ahead of and during their trip.
If you have booked a tour with us, rest assured we’ll be in touch with you. We’ll make sure you know about any updates regarding your Nordic Visitor tour.
If you're booked to travel in the upcoming weeks or months and have any questions or concerns, please contact our Customer Experience team any time at [email protected]. Our travel experts are here for you.
Below, you’ll also find a section about travel and Covid-19. There are currently no border requirements for any of our destinations (except Greenland), but we’ll continue to monitor the situation and provide updates when necessary.
Latest Covid News
We are delighted to announce that all our destinations (with the exception of Greenland) are now open to international visitors!
Below you will find the information for each destination with links to the official government boards if there are any requirements in place.
Click on the name of the destination you are interested in:
- All Covid-19 border requirements and domestic measures have been lifted in Iceland.
- All Covid-19 border requirements and domestic measures have been lifted in Norway.
- Entry: All Covid-19 border requirements have been lifted in Sweden.
- While there: see the latest restrictions in Sweden .
- Entry: Covid-19 border requirements have been lifted in Finland.
- While there: see the latest restrictions in Finland .
- Entry: All Covid-19 border requirements have been lifted in Denmark.
- While there: see the latest restrictions in Denmark .
- All Covid-19 border requirements have been lifted in Scotland.
- While there: see the measures in place in Scotland .
- See the sections on Sweden, Norway and Denmark for more details.
- See the sections on Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Scotland and Ireland for more details.
- Please refer to the information for Finland (Rovaniemi & Kemi), Norway (Kirkenes) or Sweden (Kiruna), depending on your planned itinerary.
- All Covid-19 border requirements and domestic measures have been lifted in Ireland.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are answers to some of the more common questions that Nordic Visitor customers are asking about travelling or booking tours right now.
We value the safety of our customers and staff. So while we do not decide whether a destination is deemed as safe, our decisions to run tours are always based on the advice of national governments and official international advisories, such as the WHO (World Health Organization), when it comes to safe leisure travel.
To find out where you can travel to, follow the guidance of local and international travel advisories. We’re pleased to say that most travel and domestic requirements have been lifted in our destinations.
Nordic Visitor doesn’t require you to take a PCR test for Covid-19 prior to travelling. However, some of our destinations may require you to take a PCR or rapid test, often within 72 hours of your arrival in the country. Check the latest destination news for the country you are visiting in the section above.
Your dedicated travel consultant will inform you of any changes in national guidelines, should they occur.
If tighter restrictions are put in place in the destination you are visiting, your consultant will make adjustments to your itinerary, where necessary. Should they need to make changes to your itinerary, your personal consultant will do everything to make sure you still have a special travel experience.
You can! We are taking 2023 bookings for most of our destinations. Some tours are also open for 2024.
To find out if your tour of choice is available, simply choose 'Find Your Price' and use the calendar to see if dates are available.
We’ve also made it easier to secure a tour ahead of time with our 10% deposits on most packages. You can also pay 20% deposit and receive our Cancellation Insurance free of charge, safeguarding your tour should your plans change.
Nordic Visitor is always here for you. We understand that people may naturally have some concerns and welcome you to contact us using the form below.
It's understandable if you have more questions. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us as we’re always here for you.
Our main phone number is
+354 578 20 80
How about a live chat with one of our local travel expert?