Social Media Specialist
Edinburgh and surrounding areas
Nordic Visitor is looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and results-driven Social Media Specialist based in Edinburgh or surrounds to join our Marketing department.
The ideal candidate is an energetic, driven and positive-minded individual with a strategic mind who can work both independently and as an active member of teams.
In this role you’ll be using your knowledge to develop, guide and monitor our company presence across multiple social media platforms, including but not limited to Owned and Paid media. Optimising each channel and its content appropriately with support from in-house or external creatives, you will increase engagement, brand awareness, website traffic and revenue.
Collaborating with various stakeholders, you will bring fresh ideas and enthusiasm to our efforts in content marketing, brand development, and customer experience. You will also cultivate good relationships with relevant influencers, content creators and key players to amplify our voice, reach and reputation.
Your role and responsibilities would include:
- Developing social media strategies and campaigns with the aim of increasing brand awareness and customer engagement
- Creating and managing paid social media campaigns and reporting on results
- Creating or commissioning engaging content for the company social media platforms, including social posts but also potentially blogs, branded imagery and multimedia content
- Monitoring and responding to customer feedback, comments and social media posts
- Analysing the short- and long-term needs of the company’s social media and content strategies and reporting to stakeholders
Required skills and experience:
- Undergraduate university degree in Social Media, Marketing, Communications or other relevant area
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in related Social Media roles (agency or in-house preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of relevant tools such as Google Analytics and platform Analytics
- Extensive experience in working with Facebook and Instagram
- Great networking skills to form relationships with influencers and other key players
Beneficial skills and experience:
- Experience in travel industry or a passion for travel is desirable
- Familiarity with either web/graphic design or video content or PR is advantageous
- eCommerce experience is highly favourable
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary and benefits, in line with previous experience
- Future opportunity to travel to Reykjavik for training and projects
- Opportunity to progress and learn
- 24 days’ holiday plus 10 bank holidays per year
- Regular paid team lunches
- Monthly staff events
Working at Nordic Visitor
Your working hours will be 36.5 hours per week inlcuding lunch breaks. You will report to the Director of Marketing in Edinburgh and work as part of a team based in Reykjavik & Edinburgh.
You will join a small but growing team at our Edinburgh office, conveniently located on George Street in the city centre. The office space is bright and airy and offers comfortable working conditions and a stimulating work environment.
Positioned close to various shops, restaurants and the beautiful Princes Street Gardens, the office has views of Edinburgh Castle and Firth of Forth. There’s a meeting room, breakout space and kitchen facilities.
As an employee you’ll have access to complimentary snacks, teas and coffees during working hours. We follow all UK working rules and regulations.
About Nordic Visitor
Nordic Visitor is a progressive and award-winning travel agency specialising in creating bespoke travel packages for individuals and groups throughout destinations in Northern Europe. Since launching in Iceland in 2002, the organisation has grown to become one of the largest agencies of its kind, based on the core values of quality, trust, dedication and personal service.
Today the company has over 70 employees of various nationalities, the majority based at the Reykjavík head office and others at offices in Stockholm and Edinburgh. Learn more about Nordic Visitor.
Applying for the role
Please send a CV and cover letter, including any supporting portfolio material, to career(at)nordicvisitor.com with the Subject line:
Social Media Specialist Application
Applications will be accepted until 13:00 on Friday 28th January 2022.