1,332 kilometres, 5 days, 4 people, 1 video...
Doesn't that look like fun? In reality, our little adventure on the Ring Road involved far more than dancing and taking selfies in beautiful scenery.
Several times a year, our travel experts go out on the road (or on planes, boats, trains, dogsleds, etc.) to explore the local attractions and visit our suppliers – tour operators and accommodation providers – that add the special touch to Nordic Visitor holidays.
We call these “inspection trips”, and they serve a number of purposes:
- to seek out and develop partnerships with new suppliers
- to strengthen our working relationships with existing suppliers
- to examine the rooms and amenities for guests at accommodations
- to evaluate the guides and determine physical challenges (if any) for day tours
- to familiarize our staff with the many options available to our clients
- to experience our own services from the point of view of travellers
It all comes down to making sure our clients enjoy the best travel experience possible.
During our 5-day road trip we visited over 60 accommodations around the country and met with a few of our day tour operators. The fact that we could still squeeze in so many short breaks at places like waterfalls, glacier lagoons and fjord beaches tells you just how accessible nature is in Iceland. Some of the best photo spots are literally just off the side of the road!
These inspection trips take place in all of our destinations, and often times they involve more than just our Sales staff. (Our accountants and web designers can even give you great travel tips!) In fact, many of the blog posts written by our "guest staff bloggers" have been inspired by inspection trips.
Catch up on the details behind the video in these posts: