BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE TERMS
Your wellbeing, safety and happiness are important to us. And we want you to have the utmost confidence when booking a tour with Nordic Visitor. That's why we've added more features to the dedicated and personal service that Nordic Visitor customers have grown to love.
Effective as of 17 March 2022
See past terms here.
- Optional cancellation insurance.
- Secure a tour with only a 10% deposit at the time of booking.
- With a 20% deposit or more at the time of booking, you receive the cancellation insurance free of charge.
Optional cancellation insurance:
Protect your booking and your payments with the Nordic Visitor cancellation insurance, available on most standard tour packages. The cancellation insurance allows you to cancel the whole package before your arrival without ever losing your money. This safeguards you against financial losses that could otherwise occur if you have to cancel your tour.
You can purchase this insurance at the time of booking or receive it free of charge when you make a 20% deposit.
With the cancellation insurance you get to:
- Rebook your tour, on one occasion, without any change fees.
Cancel for any reason and receive a partial refund and travel credit as follows:
- With more than 72 hours' notice before your scheduled tour arrival date, your deposit will be held as a travel credit¹ and the remaining will be refunded² to you.
- With less than 72 hours’ notice before your scheduled tour arrival date, 50% will be held as travel credit¹ with the remaining 50% refunded to you.
Cancel your tour and receive a full refund in case of unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances, which make it impossible to travel safely to your destination. This may cover, for example, warfare, significant risk to human health, and natural disaster. We only provide full refunds in accordance with the EU Package Travel Directive.
Terms & conditions:
In addition to our standard terms for all bookings the following terms apply as part of the Book With Confidence plan:
- The cancellation insurance can be purchased only for selected standard tour packages from our website.
- The cancellation insurance covers your whole tour package. It does not cover individual services, hotels or rental cars that are cancelled by you shortly before arrival or during your trip. The terms for those types of cancellations are dependent on the agreement with the service provider and some costs can occur, depending on the cancellation notice. However, if the service provider is the one to cancel, for example due to weather, you will receive a full refund for this service.
- Most standard tour packages include joint cost for travel groups (such as private transfers, rental car, etc.). In instances where one or more people from a travel group need to cancel, we will refund individual costs when possible. We are unable to refund the per person price originally quoted.
- The cancellation insurance does not replace travel insurance. Travel insurance provides another level of protection for you while you travel, and may cover costs due to delays or flight cancellations, lost luggage, healthcare, etc. We highly recommend that all customers purchase personal travel insurance before their trip.
- Not valid for any tours in Lapland or Greenland, and also not valid for any tours with 50% minimum deposit.
- Packages must be secured with a 20% deposit. You may choose to pay 10% at the time of booking and the remaining 10% balance 90 days before the arrival date.
- If you decide to pay a 20% deposit at the time of booking, you will receive the cancellation insurance free of charge.
- The total cost of the travel package is due 30 days before arrival.
- Any new offer cannot be applied on top of tour packages already on special offer and cannot be combined with other discounts.
- Not commissionable for third-party travel agents.
¹ Travel credit can be used by you, your friends, or family members as a payment toward a new Nordic Visitor booking to any of our destinations if booked with us within 36 months from the cancellation date.
² The refunded amount is the total amount paid to date, minus the initial deposit (and any included flights or cruises), which is held as a travel credit.